Friday, March 22, 2013

gluten-free

http://jezebel.com/5991724/will-everyone-please-eat-gluten--please-because-you-are-literally-killing-me-kind-of

A very well written and expressed article. The fact that gluten-free foods are way easier to find and buy is a huge plus, but people who do it anticipating a quick fix to their waistline are unbelieveable. The author puts it well--just eating whole wheat is a great alternative!

And many people don't realize that with "fat-free" there's something replacing the fat...usually sugar!

I know I've said it before too, but eating a healthy lifestyle is usually more expensive and I get the percent that this author quotes--242% more expensive. I was on the phone with my mom while grocery shopping the other night and was so pleased to finally find the molasses (you'll see why in a few days if the recipe goes well!) and my mom said something about the price. I looked, $2.48, I believe, and just kinda brushed it off. I don't even look at prices any more when I'm buying groceries unless I happen to have choices--shocking! (And by choices, I mean when I was looking at flax seeds today, I found a previously ground selection or whole flax seeds...which was better for my recipe? Unknown. but the whole flaxseeds were cheaper and what the recipe did actually call for...)

Anyway, in lieu of my actually putting together a well though out article, I offer that one to y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment