Wednesday, April 3, 2013

cheesy biscuits

Now you all know that i love to make bread that I can actually eat. I also love cheese. when you combine the two, all the better!

These were a big hit at Easter dinner...


1 Container of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (original called for flaky layers…really?)
1 8oz package of mozzarella
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. Oregano/Italian Seasoning

1. Open biscuits and flatten. Preheat to 350.
2. Cube mozzarella into approximately 2” chunks. (I had some left over which I grated and used instead of the parm)
3. Place 2-3 cheese chunks on flattened biscuits and seal well. Place seam side down on baking pan.
4. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan and Italian seasoning (I used garlic powder).
5. Bake at 350 for approximately 15-20 minutes until golden and firm.

Now, as you might expect, some cheese leaks out depending on how well you sealed them. I had cheese leak out of nearly all of mine, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Trimming and eating melted cheese was a delightful part of this. As such, I think flattening the biscuits and creating a crater in the middle to give you more dough to create a seal with will probably be an avenue I explore in the future. 
They are, rather obviously, best served warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment