Thursday, February 14, 2013

happy valentine's day!

this article makes me giggle!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/14/health/valentines-day-allergies/index.html?hpt=hp_bn13

I was attracted to the title: Making Valentine's Day safe for your allergic sweetie.

There are some true gems in it...

including:
Watch your own food, too
If food allergies are a factor in your honey's life, the nonallergic person should also watch intake. Research presented at an allergy conference in 2010 suggests that another person's saliva can present problems for an allergic person even hours after eating. Brushing your teeth may help, but it may not be enough, Bassett said. Talk to your partner about his or her level of comfort regarding what you eat before smooching.

mwahahaha...hasn't been anything I've noticed in my life but it still made me laugh.

there's also a gem of a comment about people who are allergic to latex. I should hope, by Valentine's day, one would be aware if their partner were allergic to latex (like i am!) and plan accordingly, but can you imagine if this went terrible wrong? (fyi and maybe TMI, I am not THAT sensitive to latex but some people are! I only get hives which I know from wearing latex gloves at work).

See, giggling. Inappropriately. 

Happy Valentine's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment