Tuesday, September 18, 2012

triscuits!

So just a quick little note for y'all because it's been on my mind.

I can't eat saltines. How ridiculous is that? They're flat crackers and have like nothing in them, but they do have yeast in them! (I do eat matzo though) Actually, a lot of crackers have yeast in them and in fact, one of the flatbread crackers that has come out in the last few years has THREE types of yeast in them.

You know what i use in soups instead? Triscuits. I eat a lot of soup and sometimes I miss the crunching on food sensation that you get in most meals. When I'm eating a lot of mashed potatoes, soups, and smoothies, there's not a lot of chewing and crunching. When I add triscuits, I get a nice crunch and also a little salt to sometimes liven up whatever soup I'm eating with a new flavor.

As a bonus, triscuits make some soups totally scoopable (I was eating the baked potato soup I posted a bit back today and scooping with triscuits).

In a pinch, wheat thins work too. Not quite as good. but just a sidenote, if that's what you have, use it. try it.

ps--totally craving meat. don't know why. probably vitamin deficient in something and that's my body's way of telling me to do a better job getting the nutrients i got from meat, but no go. we'll see.

also, I haven't been to the grocery store in about three weeks. i did pick up a gallon of milk while i was at target recently, but i thought that was pretty significant...i've stocked up on non-perishables, and eaten some good vegetables and fruits while i've been at work apparently. no wonder my body's telling me i haven't gotten enough nutrients recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment