Saturday, May 11, 2013

drum roll please...

as some of you might be aware, i'm setting up some travel for next year. And a long awaiting dream is coming true...


I'm going to Africa! South Africa, actually. As in the country, not the region. Cape Town to be specific. For a month!

I am beyond excited because this has been something I have wanted to do for ages, but I had to grow up and be an adult and the opportunity never came around--until now. I'm not even going until early 2014, but I'm planning the trip myself and traveling on my own (for the most part) so there's a lot of work ahead of me.

This is relevant to you, my lovely audience, because it would probably amuse all of you that in a discussion of all of the necessities that come along with foreign travel, the topic of food of course came up. You might imagine how difficult this has the potential to be. I have been toying with eating the milder allergens recently because of knowing that different options would be opened to me while traveling. I found that I should be able to get by on the cheese and fruit breakfast and then the vegetarian dominated diet found there (hooray for the Asian influence--not that it'll help on the rice front, but where there's a will there's a way!).

As such, when I get closer to going, this will be transitioned into more a travel blog than a food blog. It'll go back after I come back, and I'm sure I'll mention the food while traveling, but I wanted to mention that at least.

Before I go on "holiday."

I have strep throat and laryngitis right now and I'm lying around contemplating all the loveliness that is in the future with this...think of the possibilities! And listen to Straight No Chaser rock out to "Africa"!

Off to scout for travel books...

No comments:

Post a Comment