Tuesday, October 30, 2012

a few tidbits...

so i've been really busy recently and haven't had time to be inventive in the kitchen, so just a few snacks for y'all.

--the pumpkin bread from two posts back? that i said tastes like cake? i had some left over cream cheese icing from making cupcakes (the new shake'n'pour by betty crocker...delicious!) and that really sealed the deal for me. I love the way icing is both fresh but then more so when it hardens a little? yeah, that was gone from my kitchen remarkably quickly.

--1 can black beans + 1 can mexicorn + cheese + soft taco shells=excellent, filling dinner when you just need something quick. also great on a cold rainy/snowy night!

--the corn soup from the previous post is also good cold. I don't like eating soups in the summer because i want something chilling in the hot weather and that might be a good one to try out as the weather warms up (plus it does call for fresh corn...though i used canned and it was fine).

--also for a quick and delicious dinner--the premade biscuits? bake them, then taken them fresh from the oven and split them, put pizza sauce and mozarella on them and pop them back in the oven long enough to melt the cheese. the biscuits don't get over done that way and i know i used some leftover tomato sauce i had and i ended up eating a bunch of these suckers one night.

Mom and I are busy coming up with appropriate Thanksgiving recipes that I can eat and won't disgust my brother/sister and also won't be too far from the family's traditions (we don't have many but there are some standbys!)

Another reason I've been busy? I have a stress fracture in my foot, in one of my toes, and I've been trying to rest/ice/elevate/painkiller it as well as consider my vitamin D and calcium intake...lots to consider here! Eat a balanced diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment