Friday, August 10, 2012

guilty pleasures

So basically I can't eat processed foods. Almost everything has something in it....usually yeast. I think it must be a preservative of sorts to be used in it. My mom jokes that I can't eat anything that comes in a box and it's pretty true. Somebody commented at lunch that my lunch (salad, pineapple, fiber brownie--they have a new flavor! I was so excited the other day when i found them!) would not be enough for her and I replied that it wasn't enough for me, but that was all i could bring with me today. I wasn't prepared and didn't think about it last night that I didn't have anything for lunch and thus, salad and canned pineapple and pre-wrapped FiberOne brownie.

So no processed foods. like I said, it makes lunch hard. but you know what I can eat? Pop-tarts. And not the fruit kinds because I'm usually allergic to the fruit--even the cherry ones have dried apples in them! No. I eat the dessert ones--ice cream sundae, sugar cookie, chocolate chip cookie dough, rainbow cookie sandwich...see a theme?

I even buy them in the double pack box!

My friends don't believe that these things exist but as I live and breathe, they do! I even discovered chocolate fudge ones this weekend. There is also a new flavor of confetti cake, but that has rice flour in it.

The rainbow cookie sandwich one has the icing as the middle part of the 'tart.' I haven't tried my chocolate chip cookie dough ones yet, but I'm looking forward to breaking into that box.

My favorite so far are the sugar cookie ones--they also had fun snowy printed characters on them. They were a mom-discovery.

So that's my guilty pleasure...some people accuse me of the whole "my body is a temple" attitude because they don't know and so they always see me eating salads and fruit, but this would definitely prove them wrong!

[Disclaimer...there are egg whites in all of them. Same with the FiberOne brownie bites. I can tolerate egg whites though so bring on the poptarts!]

No comments:

Post a Comment